Commonly Used Terms
Dunnage is the packaging material used to prevent any damage to the goods in the container or carrying a vehicle or ship's hold. It helps keep the containers/cargo in place during transportation. Normally wooden blocks, boards, burlaps, and paper are used for such purposes. It is used to secure and load cargo for transport.
There are three types of primary packaging:
- Kit packs: Also known as component packs. Kit packs are used to hold all parts of a specific product or application. They tend to improve efficiency by reducing the number of containers needed to hold individual parts.
- Custom dunnage: It is defined as the solutions developed to meet the specific requirements of the customer.
- Multi-material varieties: It is constructed using different types of shipping materials, including cardboard and Styrofoam.
More From Cogoport
Schedule a personalized 1:1
Step into the future of freight forwarding with Cogoport. Experience a demo tailored to revolutionize your logistics, offering:
- Innovative Solutions: Peek into cutting-edge features redefining freight management.
- Expert Guidance: Direct insights from our seasoned pros, tailored to your business needs.
- Real Answers: Interactive session to address your unique challenges.