Commonly Used Terms
Air Cargo Containers
A cargo container is a solid vessel made up of a storage unit to conform to the inside of an aircraft. The container should be compatible with aircraft equipment and cargo handling systems so that it can be used for air freight transportation.
There are many shapes and sizes of containers. Air cargo containers fall into three categories:
- Air Cargo Pallets - These are plane or flat structures used in cargo container ships for supporting cargo goods or containers. Cargo is kept atop these, and the process is referred to as palletizing.
- Lower Deck Containers - The containers that are designed to fit inside an aircraft. While aircraft carry passengers, lower deck containers are the ones that are placed below the cabin.
- Box Type Containers - These containers are enclosed and are used for general-purpose transportation. They are also known as cube containers. Standard heights for dry closed containers are 8 ft, 6 in. They are manufactured with an extended height of 9 ft, 6 in., and are also referred to as high cube containers.
Average Payment Period (for materials)
Average Cost per Unit
Available to Sell (ATS)
Available to Promise (ATP)
Automated Storage-Retrieval System (AS-RS)
Automated Manifest System (AMS)
Automated Guiding Vehicle System (AGVS)
Automated Commercial Environment (ACE)
Automated Clearing House (ACH)
Automated Call Distribution
Automated Broker Interface (ABI)
Association of American Railroads
Approved Vendor List (AVL)
Any Quantity Rate (AQ)
Anticipated Delay Report
American Waterways Operators
American Trucking Association (ATA)
American Standard Code for Information Interchange
American Society of Transportation & Logistics
American Society for Training and Development (ASTD)
American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
American Society for Quality (ASQ)
American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI)
All Cargo Carrier
Airport and Airway Trust Fund
Airline Terminal Fee (ATF)
Air Transport Association of America
Air Cargo Containers
Aggregate Tender Rate
Aggregate Inventory Management
After Sale Service
Advanced Shipping Notice
Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS)
Advance Material Request
Actual to Theoretical Cycle Time
Actual Cost System
Activity Network Diagram
Activity Based Planning (ABP)
Activity Based Management (ABM)
Activity Based Costing System
Activity Based Costing Model
Activity Based Costing (ABC)
Activity Based Budgeting (ABB)
Avoiding Short Landed Shipments: Essential Tips
More From Cogoport
Schedule a personalized 1:1
Step into the future of freight forwarding with Cogoport. Experience a demo tailored to revolutionize your logistics, offering:
- Innovative Solutions: Peek into cutting-edge features redefining freight management.
- Expert Guidance: Direct insights from our seasoned pros, tailored to your business needs.
- Real Answers: Interactive session to address your unique challenges.